Advice and Support
We know that looking for quality care for yourself or your loved one can be confusing and a little daunting.
It can be difficult to understand how care services work and what the process is to start getting the support that you need. Many people have lots of questions but no idea who to turn to. This is why we have collected together some useful advice and guidance on the main aspects of care, and what you can expect throughout the entire process.
Our advice and support pages offer guidance on a number of topics including:
- How to choose the right type of care for you
- Needs assessments & Carer’s assessments
- Funding and cost of care
- Government support and benefits
- What to expect in your care journey
- Why you should make an Advance Care Plan
- Support for those caring for a family member
We have also included lots of useful links to other relevant bodies who will be able to help to support you, and answer any other queries that you may have.