Mental Health Support
At home Mental Health support in Milton Keynes.
One in four people in the UK will have problems with their mental health, at some point in their lifetime. Living with a mental health issue can be debilitating, isolating and confusing. Some days will be better than others, but during the darker days you may find that you need a little extra support. Having a mental illness shouldn’t stop you from living the life you want, and at Intrust Care we are here to help.
What is Mental Illness?
Mental Illness is a condition that causes disorder to a person’s emotions, thinking or behaviour. Mental Illnesses can cause distress and affect someone’s ability to complete day to day activities and can cause difficulties in functioning within relationships, and social, or work environments. Mental Illness is nothing to be ashamed of. Many people will struggle with poor mental health during their lifetime. Opening up and talking about your experiences, can help significantly with your recovery.
Mental Illness can take many forms but these are some of the common symptoms that people with different mental health issues experience:
- Mood instability– switching from one emotion to another in quick succession
- Low mood– feeling sad, down, unmotivated, possibly having thoughts of self harm or suicide
If you’re worried about acting on thoughts of suicide, you can call an ambulance, go straight to A&E or call the Samaritans for free on 116 123 to talk.
- Mania– feelings of euphoria, extremely irritable mood, and/or overactivity
- Delusions– thoughts that are not real, but that the person believes to be so
- Hallucinations– seeing, hearing, smelling or feeling sensations that aren’t there
- Anxiety– feelings of unease, worry, fear or guilt
- Sleep problems– trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or sleeping too much
- Problems with thinking and/or concentration
- Withdrawal– from friends or activities
- Major changes in eating habits
- Problems with drug or alcohol abuse
Our approach to Mental Health care
At Intrust care we offer at home care, for adults with mental health difficulties in Milton Keynes. Our mental health support services enable you or your loved one to stay in the family home, or to live independently in the community with our ongoing support.
We understand that living, or caring for a loved one with a mental health issue, can be challenging and distressing at times. That’s why our team is fully equipped to help you, or your loved ones, with the difficulties a mental illness diagnosis can bring.
We are passionate about treating people as individuals and understand that mental health care should be shaped around not only a person’s needs, but also their preferences. Before any care is undertaken, we perform a thorough assessment to find out how our mental health support services can help you best, and what your main concerns are. It allows us to create a truly personalised care plan, so that you get the specialised support you need, when you need it.
Some of the mental health support services we offer are:
- Assisting and encouraging you with self-care (eating, drinking, bathing and grooming)
- Taking you to appointments
- Helping you to manage your medication
- Encouraging you to go out in the community & supporting you with any anxieties surrounding this
- Providing companionship, emotional support & a listening ear
- Assisting you with household tasks
- Accompanying you to exercise classes, or going for walks
- Helping you with your hobbies & arts and crafts
Our experienced carers can help to support you at home, and hopefully avoid the need for you to go into hospital. Whether your mental health difficulties are due to a stand-alone condition, or present in combination with other physical health problems, we can support you in your recovery. Our mental health support will help you to engage in the activities you enjoy, so that you can get the most out of life and hopefully alleviate your symptoms in the process.