Around 15 million people in the UK have complex care needs, meaning that they require long term healthcare.
If you have complex care needs due to a chronic illness, disability, or following on from hospital care or treatment- our carers can help you to regain control in your life.
We know that finding help can be a complicated affair and that every person has different requirements when it comes to the care they need. This is even more evident when you have a long term medical condition, or more than one condition co-existing at the same time.
Complex care services
You can rest assured that our carers are passionate about giving the best possible service, ensuring sensitivities are met, and giving dignified compassionate care at all times. They are knowledgeable and fully trained in a number of more complex areas of care including:
- Cough Assist
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) Feeds
- Stoma Care
- NIV (Non-Invasive Ventilation)
- Catheter Care
- Tracheostomy Care
- Oxygen Therapy
Communication in complex care
Good communication is essential to ensure you receive the best care for your long term health condition. This is communication between yourself and our management, our carers and also with your family and loved ones. At Intrust we also pride ourselves on our commitment to working with your wider multi-disciplinary team. Some of the teams we work closely alongside include:
- Milton Keynes Social Services
- Milton Keynes Council
- Milton Keynes District Nurses
- Local GP surgeries
- Milton Keynes Rapid Assessment and Intervention Team (RAIT)
- Milton Keynes Community Physiotherapy Services
- Abbott Nurses (PEG care)
- Milton Keynes Community Dietetics Team
- Milton Keynes Adult Speech and Language Therapy Outpatient and Community Services
- Willen Hospice