Live In Care
If you are currently looking at care homes in Milton Keynes for yourself or a family member, you may want to consider live in care instead.
Live in care is a viable alternative to having to move into a care home and allows you to keep maximum independence, in familiar and comforting surroundings. The phrase “There’s no place like home,” exists for a reason and at Intrust Care we are passionate about providing high quality care to you, in the home environment you love.
What is live in care?
A live in carer will live with you, in your home. They will have their own bedroom and go to sleep at night, but will always be there should you need to call on them.
What does a live in carer do?
Our live in carers can assist you with all of your personal needs, offering as little or as much help as you feel necessary. They will give support with washing and dressing, meal preparation, mobility problems and taking medications.
Whilst we recognise that all of these tasks are extremely important (and the foundation of all care), our carers can also help with many other areas of your daily life and routine. Some of the other services they can offer include:
- Helping with household chores and laundry
- Running errands
- Taking you to appointments
- Taking you to social events, accompanying you to the cinema, a meal out, or other activities
- Providing companionship and a listening ear
- Helping with hobbies, gardening, or arts and crafts
- Feeding and walking pets, and taking them to the vets (if necessary)
A live in carer can make an incredible difference to your quality of life, which is why more and more people in the UK are choosing live in care.
Benefits of live in care
- You get to stay in your own home, with all of your special possessions and memories around you
- You will receive dedicated around the clock care, tailored to you
- Family and friends can come and go as normal, allowing your social routine to continue
- Pets are like family – with live in care you can keep your pets by your side, right where they belong
- Carers can provide companionship and emotional support whenever you need it
- Peace of mind, knowing that someone is always there
- The cost can be less than going into a care home
We would be more than happy to discuss our live in care services further with you.
Call 01908 380 600.
As a quality care provider, we encourage and highly recommend that everyone has an Advance Care Plan in place.
An Advance Care Plan allows you to record your wishes and decisions in advance. This will be in relation to your care, types of medical treatment that you would wish or not wish to receive and anything else that is important to you as an individual. If you are ever in a situation where you are unable to make decisions for yourself, having an advance care plan in place will give both you and your loved one’s peace of mind that your wishes will be respected, wherever possible.
To find out more about what an Advance care plan is and how to make one, please visit our understanding advance care planning & power of attorney page.